Monday 12 September 2011

Which genre?

To create the products at hand I will need to pick a certain type of music, this so I can catergorise certain aspects and features. With the Linkin park digipak, you can see that they aren't a pop group or blues singers, but that they are dark rock and hip hop based, this is becasue the album artwort reflects their music. The genre I shall be looking at is drum&bass, artists include the Prodigy, Pendulem and Chase and Status. What I like about this genre is the way in which it can feel mellow or dynamic, and that themes for the videos are virtually limitless, as is the artwork and advertisements. An example of a classic drum and bass piece :

This video is one of my all time favourites and the way in which it is shot is fascinating. The one thing I believe a video made for a song like this needs is energy, I have noticed a couple of pieces that lack the dynamics in the video that are also in the song, and like this No Good, it should get people on their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment